Saturday, April 17, 2010

Something on the lighter side of life

My husband and I ran 16 miles today. We got up at 6am, after a horrible night of sleep, put on our running clothes and shoes, and drove to the harbor. We proceeded to run a grueling 16 miles with a crazy group of people. Afterwards (and still) my legs were (and are) extremely sore. But I feel AWESOME!

So why did we do it? Was is to lose weight? No (though that is a great side effect). Was is because we love running? Absolutely not! It was to save lives. We are running and training with Team in Training for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We are simultaniously raising $3500 (or hopefully more) to help find a cure for cancer.

When we are done with this we will have run a ridiculous amount, completed our first marathon, made a great group of friends, and raised a decent amount of money to help find a cure for cancer. How awesome is that? I will definitely be doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment